It's Global Tiger Day 2020 this July 29th and we have some amazing events lined up!
Missed the registration? Fret not, catch the live here YouTube Live
A little history: Global Tiger Day has been held on the 29th of July every year since 2010 when it was first created at the Saint Petersburg Tiger Summit. This was done to raise awareness of the decline of wild tiger numbers, leaving them on the brink of extinction and to encourage the celebration around the important work of Tiger conservation. Andhra Pradesh Forest Department has been at the forefront of tiger conservation.
A webinar by the Andhra Pradesh Forest Department, Government of AP is being organized on the eve of the Global Tiger Day 2020 on ‘Tiger Conservation’.
Here, is the list of our esteemed speakers:
Sh. N. Prateep Kumar, IFS
PCCF (HoFF) & PCCF (WL) & CWLW, AP
Dr. Dhananjai Mohan, IFS
Director, Wildlife Institute of India
Sh. Rahul Pandey, IFS
CCF (Wildlife), O/o PCCF (HoFF), AP
Sh. Surender Mehra, IFS
DIG, National Tiger Conservation Authority, New Delhi, India
Sh. Bittu Sahgal,
Environmental activist, Writer
Founder, Sanctuary Nature Foundation
Ms. Dia Mirza
Actor, Producer, UNEP Goodwill Ambassador, UN Secretary General’s Advocate for SDGs, Ambassador, Wildlife Trust of India, Artist Ambassador, Save The Children, Board Member Sanctuary Nature Foundation
Smt. Amala Akkineni
Actor / Director at Annapurna College of Film & Media/ Chairperson, Blue Cross of Hyderabad.
Moderated by Dr. Nandani Salaria
Sh. Imran Siddiqui,
Assistant Director – Conservation Science, WCS-India
Here is the minute-wise schedule:
What better way is there to speak up for conservation of the striped big cats than art? VizagZoo is hosting a drawing competition for people of all ages.
Theme: "Tiger Conservation in their natural habitat"
1. You need to make an illustrative poster on the paper of a Tiger/Tigers in its natural habitat and about the importance of its conservation. Any paper size or colors are allowed.
2. The drawing needs to have your initials and date of drawing handwritten on the poster as in certifying that your entry is your original work and not copied.
3. You can post the drawing on the social media handles you have access to and follow/tag us accordingly on your drawings.
4. Mail your entries as a scanned digital copy to "firstname.lastname@example.org" on or before 3:00 PM on 31st July 2020 with your name, age, contact no, mail-id, location, and organization you belong to. Only one entry per person.
5. The top 5 entries will be awarded prizes and will be revealed on the 2nd of August on the website. Certificates will be given to all the entries.